Friday, March 11, 2011

Disasters...

Disasters. Another one. This time in Japan. And it's horrible. Tsunamis, fires, earthquakes. Not even the most advanced nation in the whole world can prepare for something on the scale that Japan is witnessing right now.

And things are just getting worse and it's awful. Just this year there's been floods in Queensland, an earthquake in Christchurch and now the Tsunami in Japan. What more can we expect? Everything seems to be leading up to one huge event.

And you know what, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty scared about what might happen. I mean I never used to think about any of that sorta thing really. Natural disasters dont really happen in England or Auckland. But now living in Wellington and witnessing two earthquakes already.. What if what happened in Chch or Japan happens here. Who's really prepared for anything like that?

It's sad though because at 18 I have to look at these things, and ask myself whether my life so far has been worth it all. 20th March there's been a prediction. I mean I'm not saying that anything is gonna happen, it probably won't. Know of these events can be linked. They're all just minor coincidences. Right?

But it's the big whatif? Everyone should ask themselves whatif?

It's funny because I only blog when I'm in certain moods. As my other posts reflect obviously.. Although I've deleted those now and you can't see them. But why now has my mood switched to this, this insatiable need to blog about something that really isn't going to affect me?

But it does. It affects everyone. Because we're all connected in this life, and when a large group of people feels pain like that in Japan and ChCh we all stop. And we take a moment to think about the scale of what they're feeling. We could never possibly imagine what it's like unless we've been in that situation.

And even so, I still don't think I'm blogging because of that.. The truth is I want to blog about something else but cant. And won't. Because it's no-ones interest. No-one wants to hear about what's going on with me. So instead I project my feelings onto what's happening in Japan.

And too right as well, because they're the people who are suffering right now. And all I want to do is help. But I can't, because I don't have the means. But this is why I'm at university. So eventually I can help people. So I can eventually change someone's life for the better. If I could change just one persons life, I'd be content. If everyone could change one person's life for the better, the world would be a much better place. But the sad truth is not everyone is like that.. Not everyone cares about how others feel. And it makes me sad.


And it makes me sad that no-one realises.


It makes me sad that you don't realise.


Christchurch. Stay strong. The whole of New Zealand is by your side.
Japan. Stay strong. There are people out there who will do whatever it takes to make sure that the loss of life is not as bad as in Chch.

I dread to think.

No comments:

Post a Comment