Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Challenge...

In that mood again you may say. I may say so too.
This time however I won't exactly be blogging about anything in particular. But I've seen a couple of people do this and I think it looks pretty fucking awesome if I can remember to do it everyday.

Note to self: Don't forget.


So it's called the 30 day song challenge and basically you name a song that makes you feel a variety of things. If you wanna see what each day will bring then just search it up on google.

The format that I would like to follow is to name the particular, type the lyrics and explain why it's like it is.

So the first day is possible gonna be the most difficult for me: My Favourite Song. My music taste is so widely varying that it's really impossible for me to think of my favourite song ever. But I'll try...


Thinking...
Thinking...
Thinking...

Well at the moment, I must admit my favourite song is Mrs Potter's Lullaby by Counting Crows.
But if I were to say my favourite song of all time, I may have to look at My Top 25 Most Played on iTunes.


And there it is.
My favourite song:
Set The Fire To The Third Bar- Snow Patrol

I find the map and draw a straight line
Over rivers, farms, and state lines
The distance from A to where you'd B
It's only finger-lengths that I see
I touch the place where I'd find your face
My fingers in creases of distant dark places

I hang my coat up in the first bar
There is no peace that I've felt so far
The laughter penetrates my silence
As drunken men find flaws in science

Their words mostly noises
Ghosts with just voices
Your words in my memory
Are like music to me

I'm miles from where you are
I lay down on the cold ground
I pray that something picks me up
And sets me down in your warm arms

After I have travelled so far
We'd set the fire to the third bar
We'd share each other like an island
Until exhausted, close our eyelids
And dreaming pick up from
The last place we left off
Your soft skin is weeping
A joy you can't keep it

I'm miles from where you are
I lay down on the cold ground
And I pray that something picks me up
And sets me down in your warm arms

I'm miles from where you are
I lay down on the cold ground
I pray that something picks me up
And sets me down in your warm arms


The more I think, the more I know that this is my favourite song of all time.
I'm not sure quite why.. I think the lyrics have a whole lot to do about it.

Tomorrow: My Least Favourite Song
Aha that should be fun.

1 comment: