Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time For An Upbeat One

When I started doing this blog I didn't know how it would pan out. After all, like I said I didn't even intend writing a blog but Ben told me to and it's ended up being quite enjoyable and a good way to kill time.

As a result, my posts have been (I think) rather deep and meaningful, and even a touch obscure. That's because I don't like telling people all about my feelings properly. Instead I like to keep people guessing and wondering who it's about or what it's about.

I feel as though, that I need drastically a post that is a bit more upbeat.
I don't like making people think I'm moaning old dickface after all (: because i'm not.

Two cool things happened to me today. I met olympic silver medalist Nick Willis and made him to 10 push ups. He's really really thin in real life. Bet I could still beat him around the track though. JOKES!

And then I walked past Green Peace and got my t-shirt complimented. Compliments are awesome, no matter who they're from. In case you don't know already the t-shirt I was wearing has a picture of two ice lollies, one melted and the other alive with a speech bubble saying "Global Warming Sucks!"

Which it does, so you can see why Green Peace complimented it.
Funny thing is, I met this girl who has supposedly met the PM and she didn't understand it. I think she's one of these reallyreallyreally clever people who always looks for a deeper meaning to things. There isn't one in this case, it's simple :).

Walking through a city with writing on your t-shirt is actually quite an experience. You won't believe the amount of people who were staring at my chest and then having a wee giggle to themselves. I like that. I brought a ray of happiness to a number of people today all by wearing a t-shirt.

That's right, you can make someone happy, even for a split second with something as small as wearing a t-shirt. It's amazing that there are still depressed people out there. I think I should be hired by the Samaritans. I could go around to people's houses with this t-shirt on and just knock on their door. The eyes will be drawn to the t-shirt and I'll make them the slightest bit happy when they find it amusing. They'll realise that they can still be happy.



You know what's scary? University starts in 3 days! 3 days!! I'm officially beginning to freak out a tad. It's a daunting prospect. But I'm still looking forward to it! For the next three years I'll be locking myself in my room and studying the hardest I've ever studied in my life. I won't become president of the world by not studying now will I? HAHA, oxymoron much? Looking forward to locking myself in my room.

Things you should know about me:
1) I'm a hard worker;
2) I never give up;
3) I'm one of the most determined people you'll ever meet;
4) I like helping people. A LOT. May help some people too much in fact but I like it;
5) I miss my friends and family in Auckland.

Was it upbeat? I don't know. Good thing is with these blogs is when I start writing I find it hard to stop. It's enjoyable writing about myself, I don't normally.

To be continued... (More upbeat posts I mean)

1 comment: