Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happiness

Somone very close to me once told me that 'everyone will hurt everyone in the end, doesn't matter who it is'.

As a person who relies heavily on the relationships in his life, most notably his friends, who I would do pretty much anything for, I could not comprehend how this could be said. I wouldn't dream of hurting any of them and could not imagine any of them hurting me.

But then I got thinking about it more and more.. Really it's not that much of a deep and profound statement as you would originally think. It's the extent of this hurt that really had me thinking. When I first heard it I thought about every person I meet slowly destroying me in some way y'know? But no. That's not what it's about.

Because, even in the smallest way, they were right. I think Bob Marley sums it up the best - 'Truth is everybody is gonna hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for'.

That statement you could look at in two ways: One you could see it in the selfish 'well I dont want to suffer way' or two you could see it the way that I see. That is to say, that he's utterly right. Every relationship will have it ups and downs; even your parents will hurt you. Even if it's something as small as not letting you go to that party you really wanted to go to. You'll fight with them. You'll argue with them. You'll be pissed the fuck off about it, and you'll feel hurt that they wouldn't let you go.

Small right? You may not think it's a type of hurt, but it's hurt none the less.

Everyone will hurt you eventually, it's just a fact of life. But without that hurt you'll never be able to be happy if that makes sense. If you don't learn from the hurt then you'll never be able to move on, and stop other people doing the same thing to you.

Hurting is not a bad thing, in the grand scheme of things. It'll hurt for a small time but you'll get over it or move on and be even happier.


I'm the happiest I've been in a very long time. =]

3 comments:

  1. You should film your friends, then make a video of it, and play this as a voice over, your voice of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Ben ;)

    I think that would be a good idea.. If only I had that much time lol.

    ReplyDelete